Sunday, June 5, 2011

Finished writing my book: Everybody vs The Ferret: 2

Book: Run From The Reaper
Book: Everybody vs The Ferret: 2
Words: 4,126
Time: 11 - 5 (minus 1 hr)
Mood: Good
Impression: It is a great piece of satire

So after slacking off yesterday, I worked hard today and finished Everybody vs The Ferret: 2. And I can say with full confidence that it is a great piece of satire. It's clever, intelligent and you learn a little something at the end. Of the two, it is the best book.

I'm in a much better mood today. I did work until about 1:30 am last night and I did send out over a hundred review copies for Run From The Reaper. And after that I uploaded all of the rest of my books to OmniLit.com. That made my overall day yesterday very productive. And now that I have finished writing the book two days late (but still within my acceptable window), I can forgive myself from my transgression of taking a break. And yes, I do realize how ridiculous that sounds. :-)

What's left is maybe trying to play a game of racquetball tonight. And I could get a jump on tomorrow's work if I work on the cover for the book tonight. I know that the cover will only take me a few hours so I'm sure that it will just breeze on by.

Tomorrow I will edit Everybody vs The Ferret: 2 and after that it will be ready to put it up. The goal of this book and all of the books in this series is to finish them in the same length of time it takes the producers of South Park to finish an episode of their show. The goal of this series for me is to build up my writing chops so that if I ever get a chance to write for a television series I'm ready.

That is in part why I was so mad at myself yesterday. TV writers are only given a few days to complete a script. I wanted to prove to myself that I could write a story under a similar time constraint. To that end I kind of failed. But hey, I will be doing it all again next month, so I will get another chance at it.

I already know the basic story line of book 3. In that story the girl fruitheads will discover a mysterious button on their body that when pressed will transport them to a magical realm full of unicorns and rainbows. The problem is that their trip only lasts a short time so they have to constantly press the button in order to get back there. The main girls share the knowledge to other girls and it becomes a world where the girls rule.

But the boys find out about their own buttons and they press their buttons almost without end. That means that the boys practically take up residents in this magical world. When the girls want to again take control of the realm a battle between the boys and girls break out. And the future of the magical realm rest on whoever is the victor.

That's next month. But for this month I have to release this book, edit Samurai Zombie Hunter and then write another book. That last one will be a YA science fiction book. I don't know if I've mentioned it here. I think I have. But anyway that is what I'm doing next.

After that last book is done, I will be done with creating new book series for the year. My task after that will be to write sequels and subsequent books within my current book series. I don't know if it will be fun to revisit the worlds I created, but since I will only be doing for my most popular books, it should allow me to finally earn my living solely as an author.

No comments:

Post a Comment