Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today was my first day selling my soul... not bad...

Words: 3,088
Time: 11 - 6pm (about 1 hr break)
Mood: Pretty good
Impression: pretty good

Today was my first day selling my soul. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Can I say that what I wrote was good? Define good. How do you judge erotic fiction? I guess the only measure is whether or not it's arousing. So was it arousing for me to write it? Hmmm, HELL YES! To be blunt, I spent the first 3 hours of the day... how do I put this... "excited" about what I was doing. That is a hell of the way to spend a work day.

There should be no surprise though. For me it's like comedy, I'm writing exactly what fancies me. Now will others feel the same way? I imagine it will be 'Fixing Cupid.' Some people will read it and like it and others won't.

I have made a decision though. I will be offering this book for free. On the forum I hang out on, many people often talk about giving away 10 of thousands of books. And personally I just need to see a large sales number next to my name. I need to feel wanted as a writer. If I write a second one in the series I'll price it accordingly. But I just need an ego boost right now. Certainly a couple days of work is worth getting my ego stroked.

I wanted to write 4K words today. That is the length of many erotic stories. This one will probably be 8K to 10K. Instead I wrote 3K. That makes this not a 2 day venture but a 3 day venture. Oh well. But I will wake up early tomorrow and get an earlier start. Maybe I can get in 8 hours of writing and finish it off. I doubt it but who knows.

Jeez, 6 hours of writing. I remember when I would claim exhaustion after 3 hours. What a wuz I was. I would have put in another hour or two today if I didn't have to go to Touch Rugby. But instead, let's hope for a more productive day tomorrow.

Also, I just realized that this is the 7th genre that I'm working in. It's either like I'm trying to prove something to myself or that I'm really lost and looking for a genre that will take me in. Whatever the problem, this is not the way to build a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment