Sunday, May 22, 2011

Digging in the Dirt

Book: Samurai Zombie Hunter
Words: 4,279
Time: Noon - 6pm (Minus 1.5 hrs)
Mood: fine
Impression: Ok, I think

Today I wrote Chapter 9. It was exactly what I thought it would be. I did realize that because I'm so close to finishing I should start thinking about a cover for the book. There is an illustrator named Peter Ortiz who I'm thinking about using. Considering my budget he is expensive so I don't know if I will be able to afford him. He is also hard to get a hold of. I'm not sure why.

It is also amazing what happens when writing something like this book. It seems that when dig around in the graveyard you end up unearthing a few skeletons.

I have to say that I will be glad when this book is done. Writing this book has made me come face to face with why all of my books have the themes loneliness and isolation. The life that I lived was not a necessary life. I think that I could have been tons happier.

It is sad to look back at the events of my life and I see the few things that shaped me into the person that I have become. I now know why I'm so quick to withdraw. I know why I'm attracted to who I'm attracted to. And I know why I'm a writer.

I sometimes wonder if I would've been happier if I was a completely different person. Because if you pull a few small threads on my life and I would have been. There no changing things now, but I wonder who I would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment