Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My feelings before I finish this bastard book

Book: Samurai Zombie Hunter
Words: 3,947
Time: 11:30 - 6:30pm (minus 1hr)
Mood: Pretty good
Impression: This book represents the best story I can tell

Today was one of those day when I thought that I wrote more than I did. I'm not sure why I wrote so little today, but I did have to stop a couple of times to think of little details like my main character's last name and where the female interest lives. But still I worked 6 hours and wrote less than 4,000 words. That's unusual for me.

I know that I could have written more, but I will finish the book tomorrow and it will take me less than an entire writing day to do it. With that being the case, there is no use on working much later today. Also I hit a point when the climax of the story is about to begin and I would like to have a consistent mental state when I write.

I have decided that although this book and Run From The Reaper are similar genres, the two are very different books. RFTR is about the experience of reading a book while this book is about the emotion involvement of the story. In other words, one is character driven and the other is not.

And it's too bad I probably won't write a sequel to this book. It is clear that the next book would be quite the zombie tale. Half of this book had to be spent setting up the world and character. But not that it's created there is a lot of places that I can go with it. I am willing to say to myself "Good Job, Cristian" because I really did a great job of creating a compelling set of perimeters. Now if I can only get it reflected in the book's description.

No comments:

Post a Comment