Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Fixing Cupid review & New Samurai book blurb

Book: Samurai Zombie Hunter
Words: 4,067
Time: 11 - 4:15 (minus 1hr)
Mood: manic
Impression: It's unnerving

Yesterday I got my first review for Fixing Cupid. It was a great review minus one thing. Apparently there are small spelling errors in the book. Ouch! I'm sure there can't be more than 10. And although 10 might seem like a lot, out of 40,000 words, it's a pretty good ratio. And generally speaking my thought is: "Do what you can. And when you can, do better." So, when I can, I will do better.

I look forward to Samurai Zombie Hunter being done in few days. I'm not enjoying writing this. It's taken me to places that I didn't want to go. Samurai Zombie Hunter was written to be the first of a series, but I will have to get quite a few sales before I would even consider writing another one of these.

Having said that, I have began to look at book covers of other zombie books. I have to say that the top selling zombie books have pretty weak covers. And it is pretty great to not see a book that obviously combines the samurai and zombie genres together. I don't think that my budget allows for an externally made cover for this one, so I might have to see what I come up with.

I have also done some work on the book's blurb. Here is the first draft. What do you think?

There’s a coming war… Out of the jungles of South American stumbled a priest. No one saw him for who he was, the bringer of death. 10 years later the infection seeped out of the shadows and spread across the globe. And as one bloody attack turned into a thousand and then a million, the World governments crumbled into chaos trying to decide who could live and who must die.

Out of this pre-apocalyptic world emerges Van, a lonely man who was ordinary in all ways but one, he is a samurai. Urged by those who seek to exploit him Van hires out his sword. Countless zombie deaths follow. To the pure Van becomes a folk hero; to the secretly infected Van is the beginning of the war.

Now, with the dark forces of humanity gathering on one side and the incurably diseased growing in scores on the other, civilization teeters on collapse. And Van, hiding a secret that could change the direction of the world, must use it to decide who he has to kill to prevent the coming apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment