Sunday, April 17, 2011

All work and no play makes Cristian a 'something' 'something'

Book: Fixing Cupid
Book: Run From The Reaper
Words: 7,893 (edited)
Time: 2-5:30 & 9:30-3:30am
Mood: Ok
Impression: Wow this is taking long

First the cover. I am running a thread on Kindle Boards where people are giving me advice about the cover. Here's the link. On it a number of people have suggested changes. The last thing that I had to be convinced to change was the font. This is the new font that I chose. I think that it adds to the romance of the book. The down side is that I can't use this cover in places where the cover has to be smaller. The font become illegible then. I like the new font and the few people that have commented on it seem to like the new font as well.

I worked on that, very late Friday night. This morning I woke up at 10:30 ran errands and then edited 'Run From The Reaper'. I edited until I was to tired to continue then I took a nap. I woke up, cooked dinner and then edited until 1am. I then went to the store to get some desert and came back and wrote until 3:30am. That's about 8 hours of editing and I only edited 7,893 words. This is happening because I wrote it in only 6 days. It isn't like the text is very far off, it's just far enough off that I have to keep going over the same parts to make sure that it's clear.

At this pace it looks like it will take me another 4 or 5 days to edit it. I wouldn't take me that long accept that I am going to be working on 'Bones' next week. And I'm sure that I will be doing 12 to 14 hour days. I do suspect that I will get some down time on set, but because my call time is 5:30am I will have to take a nap before I can be creatively productive. That will cut into my editing time.

I also have a friend in town from the Bahamas. I'm not even sure whether I'll have time to see him. He came on Tuesday and then immediately went to a festival. This week would have been the perfect time to spend together. But instead we might only see each other once. I think he might still be here when my stint on 'Bones' is complete. But we'll see.

Now at 3:45am it's time for me to hit the Kindle Boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment