Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chapter 1 Complete

Words: 2,555
Time: 10 - 1:30pm
Mood: Ok
Impression: Concerned

My plan was to start writing at noon and then to write for the rest of the day. However, I had to have a very long conversation with the IRS in the morning. And the work that I did for my company RememberTheBahamas.com took up the rest of the day. I literally finished creating and sending out our seasonal newsletter, ate dinner, read a few Kindle Board threads and then wrote. And now here we are.

I have to say that I had no idea what I was going to write before I did. But when the blank screen was up, a voice started talking in my head. It was sort of a pretentious voice. It spoke differently from me and it's phrasing and pausing were unique to me. This was how I was introduced to the voice of the book.

I have to say though, I love the first 2 sentences of the book. It is: "Silence. The sound of breathing cuts the silence, then again silence." How the rest of the first chapter plays out I'm not sure. I am going to write a little more before I judge. I have never written in this speech pattern before so I have to wait to see how it works over different situations. I have confidence though because my writers instinct hasn't been wrong in over 8 years. I'm pretty sure it won't be wrong this time either.

So tomorrow I will be working on a pilot for a TV show called: Gulli. I don't have to be on set until 1:30pm so I'm going to try and get some work done, but who knows. I have a number of things to do tomorrow for RTB.com that I didn't get done today. Oh, but on a positive note, the newsletter that I sent out to 1000 people did also include an ad for my book 'The First Day After Life.' So maybe it will result in a couple of sales.

Anyway, I see if I get any writing done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment