Saturday, April 30, 2011

I've finished my book Everybody vs The Ferret

Book: Everybody vs The Ferret
Words: 5,714
Time: Noon - 6:30
Mood: Really good
Impression: The story ends strong

I've decided to write my blog entry early today because I am officially done! It seems that only the opening chapter for Everybody vs The Ferret was difficult. Once that was out of the way, I could just follow the script... literally. And it is definitely worth the read. Is it the funniest thing that I've ever written? No. But it is entertaining. And in a very clever way it makes a point about parenting and who we are as people. Much less tired than I was yesterday, I say that I like it!

I think that I'm going to edit and format it tomorrow. And after that I am going to include it as an extra in 'Fixing Cupid' and 'Happiness May Vary.' It might be inappropriate for my other books, so I'll just start there.

I also took a look at the Amazon program for short works called: Amazon Singles. I'm not sure if they would accept this one. But Everybody Masturbates and the other books in the series certainly fit. I submitted those. We'll see what happens.

I have to say that I'm pretty psyched about being done. But I swear I will actually take a week off once I'm done editing. That doesn't mean that I will take a week off from marketing. This would be the absolute worst time for that. But I will allow myself time to rest from writing words. And then after that rest, I will absolutely restart Samurai Zombie Hunter.

Ya know I swear, one would assume from the 5 months that I've put it off that Samurai Zombie Hunter isn't showing signs of being a great book. But it's really good. I guess I just wanted to do the easier things before it. I know that I will be working on Samurai Zombie Hunter for at least the next 2 months. Because of that, I'm glad that I took care of the other books first.

And if all goes as plan, I will be doing the second book in the Everybody vs The Ferret series in a month. I am treating this series like they were episodes of a TV show. TV writers write episodes very quickly. I would like to learn that skill. We'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment