Friday, April 29, 2011

I sold 165 Kindle books in March

Words: Run From The Reaper
Mood: Defeated
Impression: It's getting better

Writing the description for Run From The Reaper is kicking my ass. I keep writing blurbs that I think are great. But then I post it and someone says, 'not so fast.' But ultimately they are right. My current attempt is below.

I didn't get my new cover today for some reason. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Once I do, the book will be uploaded. It will be on sale in 5 days.

I was also supposed to start writing Everybody vs The Ferret today. I reread the script, but didn't write. I wasn't sure what voice I was going to write it in. I also didn't know how I was going to use the book medium to make the story funnier. Unless I have to do a lot of rewriting of the Run From The Reaper blurb, I will write Everybody vs The Ferret tomorrow.

Now onto sales news. I got my kindle royalty payment for March. The check covers the time period after I discovered Kindle Boards. It was during March that I lowered all of my books to 99 cents, I released First Day After Life and retitled Happiness Thru The Art Of... Penis Enlargement to Happiness May Vary. I made $66.15 during that period. That means that I sold approx. 165 kindle books.

I am not checking my number right now so I can't say for sure. But that is about 5.5 books a day. Some will argue that it is thanks to my books being 99 cents. Maybe it is. But in April I increased all of the prices on my books except for my Everybody books. I need to make a living off of my books. And I will never do it if they are 99 cents. Besides, $2.99 is a bargain for one of my books. I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying it.

Run From The Reaper
It awakens… Summoned by the will of a powerful psychic, the Red Reaper forces its victims to live their darkest fantasies. If they resist, they die.

In a college town during a record cold winter break, Jon, a lonely professor, wonders the empty campus barely holding on to his sanity. Unable to stay awake during the daytime he sees a red hooded creature in the shadows at night; immediately after, his twisted desires come to life.

Searching for answers he finds Clay, a local psychic. The psychic is more than he seemed.

As the terror in Jon’s fantasies escalates, the two men seek out Sarah, a gorgeous expert on the underworld. She falls for Jon and then she too must flee her depraved desires.

Chased by demons and with the Red Reaper at every turn, the three must face their fears, survive its relentless attacks, and find a way to escape from the Reaper.

3 comments:

  1. Instead of:

    Searching for answers he finds Clay, a local psychic. The psychic is more than he seemed.

    Try this:

    Searching for answers he finds Clay, a local psychic who is more than he seems, and Sarah, a gorgeous expert on the underworld.

    Then continue to the last paragraph. I think you are really close - and it sounds compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent note! But instead I am trying this line:

    Searching for answers he finds Clay, a local psychic who is more than he seems, and Sarah, a gorgeous expert on the underworld who has depraved secrets of her own.

    This is where I'm working on the description: http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/topic,64199.50.html

    ReplyDelete