Monday, April 25, 2011

Finished my first edit of: Run From The Reaper

Book: Run From The Reaper
Word: 6,483 (edited words)
Time: 3:30-7:30 & 9-Midnight
Mood: Tired
Impression: Supernatural Thriller readers will enjoy it

I only had 12 pages to edit today, so I decided to enjoy some of my day. After watching an Easter pageant I had lunch with a friend. I have to say that it felt good to spend time with friends again. I look forward to doing it more often now that I am almost done with my script conversions.

And because I had so little to do, I was definitely going to finish the second draft today. So now that the second draft is done, all that is left is for me to do is read the whole thing again. After that I will run it through the spell check. And finally I will wait for the cover designer to deliver the final cover. All of that should happen within the next 5 days.

The obvious question now is what am I going to do next? Well, I sort of want a comedy that readers who enjoy 'Fixing Cupid' can buy to hold them over until I write the next book in the series. I don't have a perfect hold over for those readers but I do have something else that I can offer them.

My 'Everybody Masturbates' books are, by far, my most popular series. And my original idea was to turn the books into a animated show for MTV, Comedy Central or Adult Swim. In preparation for that, I wrote a TV show pilot called 'Everybody vs. The Ferret'. So what I have decided to do next is turn that pilot into a novelette and sell it as an Amazon Single. Amazon Singles are a new thing that Amazon is doing to promote shorter books. Hopefully Amazon will accept it, but even if they don't it will be the next thing I work on.

'Everybody vs. The Ferret' should only take a day or two to convert. It is only about 6,000 words. In comparison, 'Run From the Reaper' is 30,000 words and took me 6 days. And if I could manage to find the time, what I will do after that is go back to my long set aside zombie book. But one week out of every month I will write a new installment of the Everybody vs The Ferret series.

That is the plan at least. All I can say for sure is that 'Run From The Reaper' will be the next thing I release. And that 'Everybody vs. The Ferret's' pilot will be the next thing after that. But who knows, maybe that will be the last thing that I ever write. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment