Thursday, April 7, 2011

The ship is back on course

Words: 3,843
Time: 11-2 & 10:30-2:30am
Mood: Tired
Impression: Good but needs to be shined up

I'm not going to lie to you. I am tired. But I was able to put up big numbers today because in spite of the fact that I forgot to take my flash drive to set with me, I still put in 1,400 words there. And immediately after I grabbed dinner, I got back to work and wrote another 2,400 words. Wait, I can't believe that I wrote for 9 hours today. God damn, the machine is back!

The funny thing is that if I would have written that many hours during the writing of 'Fixing Cupid' I would have had a 6500 word day. I'm not sure why this one is so much slower. I always thought that comedy is harder. I guess not.

Today I was on the set of a Hallmark movie called Annie Kringle (or maybe it was Annie Claus). It starred Vivica A. Fox and the spunkiest little black girl that I have ever met. I mean this kid is absolutely a star. I probably couldn't take being around her for more than an hour at a time, but damn did that 8 year old girl have charisma. Vivica was also very nice and clearly that woman knew how to get a laugh. I thought that I could get a laugh from nothing, but damn, she put me to shame.

Tomorrow I'm on Grey's Anatomy again so i will be able to do at least another 2500 words while sitting in holding. And certainly I will get off early... which is after 10 hrs, and then I will be able to put in a few more words.

Damn I'm tired. Luckily I don't have to wake up for another 5 hours... if I go to sleep right now. I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep this pace up. I'm really having to get up too early to survive this routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment